Information, advice and support for families
Please follow the links below to find information on different topics from Bradford Council:
Bradford council run four Family hubs across Bradford to offer support and activities to families. The Bradford East Family Hub is the one that supports BD2 and the surrounding areas, each area of Bradford is covered by one of the hubs. To find your nearest family hub use the postcode checker here. Family Hub Postcode Checker
Family Hubs can help you with:
- Supporting your child get ready for school
- Activities for children under five and their families and for older children and young people
- Parenting support from birth to 18 or up to 24 with a disability
- Health advice for young people and families such as maternal health and mental health
- Getting early education and free childcare
- Supporting children and young people attend school
Family Hubs also include the support provided through the 0-18 Public Health children's services team. This includes health visitors and school nurses:
- to support parents on their parenting journey, from getting ready to be parents and giving birth, to child’s toddler years and starting school
- help parents with issues like baby’s sleeping pattern, teething and toilet training
- help parents to look after themselves
- work within schools, other education providers and the local community to support children and young people of school age, and those who care for them
- work together with people to offer support and advice about healthy living
We also provide family key worker services for individual children, young people and families. Some people may also know this as 'Families First'.
We work closely with local schools and voluntary and community groups to support families and to help improve the lives of everyone in their area.
We work alongside other council services such as the SEND Inclusive Education Service, other education services, as well as with the police, health services and youth teams.
To find out more about Bradford East Family Hub please click here.
What is HENRY?
HENRY is a UK charity working to give babies and young children a healthy start in life. Everyone wants the best for their children, but with so much conflicting advice it can be hard to know what to do for the best as a parent, especially in the early years. To find out more please visit: www.henry.org
What does the HENRY programme include?
The HENRY Group Programme is a free 8 week programme which helps you to provide a healthy, happy, supportive environment for the whole family. The programme includes:
- Week 1 - decide what changes you want to make and set your own goals.
- Week 2 - how to juggle life with young children so you all get what you need.
- Week 3 - how to respond to children's needs without giving in to all their demands.
- Week 4 - positive mealtime tips for a happy family - reducing mealtime stress for everyone.
- Week 5 - Ideas for active play to help children learn, develop and stay happy.
- Week 6 - food groups, food labels, portion sizes for under 5s, first foods, and snack swaps.
- Week 7 - understanding and managing your child's behaviour for a happier home.
- Week 8 - celebrate your success as a parent and plan the future for your family.
Where are HENRY programmes running?
The HENRY Programme is great for parents with children aged 0-5 years. Every parent who joins learns something new and useful.
To find out more information or join a programme in your local area please contact your local Family Hub.